Stories

Sometimes Love Is Not Enough

Sometimes Love Is Not Enough

Don’t Try Loving A Narcissist

So, you can spend the rest of your life trying to please a narcissist, but in my experience, it was the biggest regret of my life.

I wasted eleven precious years of my life, loving a person unconditionally, who was incapable of even being a decent human being.

I hope you take the advice of others and step away from the situation.

Get your mind clear, educate yourself and get help. It’s a horrible existence. And if I can just keep one person from wasting their life and years, then writing my story is worth it.

I’m free now and I am learning to love me again and I’m truly happy…I have a wonderful life. I’m alone, but I’m not in pain anymore.

I found happiness in myself, my family, my truest dearest friends, and God. The process is still ongoing every day.

After 11 years, it took over 2 years to stop crying, asking why and wondering what I did so wrong?

What did I do to deserve being treated so disrespectfully?

Then I stumbled onto an article about narcissism.

I realized that it wasn’t all me, not 100%. I took some responsibility for allowing the mistreatment, about 40%, but the other 60% was in no way my fault. That was what freed me, liberated me and allowed me to look at life differently.

I didn’t have a terminal illness. I didn’t have a serious accident or injury, that left me incapable of doing the things in life I love.

What I had was a relationship with a narcissist. That couldn’t be cured. That couldn’t be fixed.

So…when he terminated the relationship…

I accepted that it was over.

I slowly, painfully, moved on one day, one hour, one minute at a time.

After two years, I’m lonely at times, still single and scared to date because I still have moments of being scared to death of dating another narcissist.

But…I am at peace.

I can laugh again.

I’m starting to see the value in myself again. I hope to one day be whole again.

That’s how I did it. Letting go of what was and focus on what is to be.

Whatever that might be. All I can say is that being alone is much better than living a lie and living in constant confusion, anxiety, uncertainty, and pain.

Good luck to you and God bless. It does get better.

Do You Have a Story To Tell?

If you have a story to tell then reach out to me at laughingatnarcs.

Your story could be all that someone else needs to move on.

Check out our other “Stories” “Doubt and Betrayal“.

About Author

I call myself the Rational Humorist. Narcs to me are cancer to humanity. The only way to beat cancer is to fight back against it.

The best way to defeat a narc is to see them as the jokes they are.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *