Often, we don’t even recognize the signs of a quieter female narcissist. They are usually very successful and seem like they have everything under control.
But underneath the surface, this person may harbor resentment and anger that they cannot express.
If you’re noticing more of your anger and resentment boiling up and cannot put it into words, you may be dealing with a quieter female narcissist.
The Quiet Female Narcissist: Are You Missing the Signs?
The Quiet Female Narcissist
Many people think of narcissists as loud, boisterous, and egotistical individuals. However, a type of narcissist has often been overlooked: the quiet female narcissist.
This type of narcissist is just as harmful as her louder counterpart, but she tends to fly under the radar because she doesn’t fit the stereotype.
The quiet female narcissist is typically withdrawn and shy, and she may not seem like a threat at first glance.
However, don’t be fooled by her demure exterior. The quiet female narcissist is just as manipulative and self-centered as her louder counterparts and can be just as destructive to relationships.
If you’re in a relationship with a woman who seems too good to be true, you may deal with a quiet female narcissist.
Quiet Female Narcissists Know How To Play Victim
Quiet female narcissists know how to play the victim. They will often make themselves the wronged party to garner sympathy from others.
This can include playing the martyr, making themselves a victim of circumstance, or falsely claiming that they have been mistreated.
Quiet female narcissists are often skilled at manipulating those around them and will use their victims as pawns in their game.
The Signs You’re Missing
You may not even realize you’re in a relationship with a narcissist.
Here are the signs of a quiet narcissist:
- They often have an inflated sense of self-importance and are very boastful.
- They crave admiration and respect from others and often go to great lengths to get it.
- They strongly need control and often feel entitled to special treatment.
- They can be very manipulative and use others to get what they want.
- They have little empathy for others and can be cold and calculating.
- They tend to be very egocentric, and their needs always come first.
- They can be very reactive to criticism and often lash out verbally or physically.
How to Deal With a Quiet Female Narcissist
If you are in a relationship with a woman who displays signs of narcissism, there are some things you can do to protect yourself from her destructive behaviors.
Quiet female narcissists can be just as damaging as their louder counterparts, so it’s essential to be able to identify the signs and take action to preserve your mental health.
1. Don’t ignore the red flags. If your partner is excessively critical or always puts herself first, these could be signs of narcissistic behavior. Pay attention to how your partner treats you and others, and not brush off any warning signs.
2. Set boundaries. Narcissists often have no respect for other people’s feelings or needs, so setting boundaries early in the relationship is essential.
While the signs of a female narcissist may be harder to spot than those of a male narcissist, they are there.
If you know someone who fits the description or thinks you may be a quiet female narcissist, it is essential to get help.
There is no shame in admitting that you need help and seeking treatment. The sooner you do, the sooner you can improve your life and relationships.
Found This Article Helpful?
Download my “Bundle Pack: Empathic Warriors Survival Stories + FREE Confuse Them With Silence,” and join my newsletter to keep up to date on all my articles.