Blogs

The Fate Of Narcissism In Old Age

Free yahoo image

Narcissists NEVER CHANGE. And the fate of narcissism in old age is a fate that is pathetically sad. Narcissists go their whole lives thinking they are the greatest things to walk this planet.

And only realize their mortality in their final waking hours.

When the curtain of life falls on their Broadway disaster of life there will be no standing ovations. There will be no tear swiping of the eyes because a “great story” ending. And there will be no flower bouquets.

Hell, there may not even be anyone there left to see the curtain falls.

Because like a bad movie, they will lose their audience.

The Aging Narcissist Is Just An Aging Fool

Free Images - The Fate Of Narcissism In Old Age

Let me state this before we begin, Elders DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY DESERVE RESPECT. Respect is earned…not given.

Yet sadly, many of us are taught to give respect to our elders as if senility is a GIVEN at a certain age.

It is NOT.

Old narcissists know this and they use their age to get what they want. And this is clearly evident in certain cultures (to which I will not be posting, as you can do your own research on that).

The old narcissists are some of the most toxic and malignant narcissists you will come across.

And the reason is that narcissists, unlike wine, do not age very well.

They get worse as they age. And the reason for this is because they realize that they are becoming NOTHING IMPORTANT.

It is a saddening realization to know that your life will not be remembered or honored.

That you are becoming what you sought to make everyone else; which is nothing.

The Aging Narcissists Final Day: No Standing Ovation

Free images - narcissist when they get older

Life is a Broadway show, or at least that is how I like to see it.

Our lives should be a story that inspires others around us. We should be heroes in our story. And on our death bed, we should be applauded for the life that we lived.

Our lives should inspire the next generation to become the very best that they can be.

But for the aging narc, their story is a story to which no one will be present on their curtain fall.

The Aging Narcissists Final Day

Narcissism

I want you to imagine this.

A person in an old person’s home. A narcissist…pick your gender.

This person is in a room by themselves. No family because they used their own family, mistreated them, lied to them, broken them at times and PUSHED THEM away with their narcissistic tendencies.

They have no friends because well, narcs don’t see people as individuals but as pawns and tools. So those who caught wind of their true nature left them and went NO CONTACT.

WENT NO CONTACT. (Just in case you didn’t absorb this the first time)

Their flying monkeys cannot be considered friends because as I mentioned in one of my articles “Flying Monkeys Have No Minds Of Their Own” they are just an extension of the narc. They cannot do anything to comfort the narc.

The narc is now by themselves, which they were terrified of their whole lives. They have NO ONE by their side.

They are scared, timid, and now realizing they WASTED THEIR WHOLE LIVES.

Their curtain of life falls and there isn’t even a peal of laughter, a snide comment, or a whimper.

Why?

Because they became unimportant.

Our Lives Should Welcome A Standing Ovation

Narcissism

For many out there who have been hurt by a narc — all they wish and want is to get revenge. They scheme about it, dream about it and may even conspiring about it with someone.

But know this…narcs do not get better with age.

And every day that you waste thinking about the narc is a day wasted. Click To Tweet

Know that this is how most Narc’s lives end. They end with NO ONE being there by their side.

This is why so many of us who have gone No Contact and have left the narc Champion the idea of NO CONTACT.

It is the best revenge because we give the narc something they fear; which is being alone.

We should see our lives as if we are on a stage for the whole world to see. And we should tell a story of how we overcame the narc to become something, and someone… better.

Because when our curtain of life falls on us…we should be remembered for the person we are. We should be applauded for the story we lived. And we should have a bouquet of flowers thrown on our stage of life for inspiring the next generation.

Narcissists will never understand this until it is too late. But for us, regular people, we should take this to heart.

Let your story of hurt be a source of strength for you and an inspiration for the coming generation.

Need Support? + FREE PEER GROUP APP

If you are in need of support feel free to join my Private Facebook Group in the email sign-up box above.

Also know that support groups are NO ALTERNATIVES to professional help.

If you need to talk to a therapist feel Free to sign up here at Online-Therapy (this is my affiliate link) to get 20% off your first month’s session.

Need Peer Support? Download Wearemore app to vent, get support, or just talk with others who are going through what you are going through!

About Author

I call myself the Rational Humorist. Narcs to me are cancer to humanity. The only way to beat cancer is to fight back against it.

The best way to defeat a narc is to see them as the jokes they are.

(21) Comments

1. Mary tait says:

I can not wait for this day to happen to my ex. He manipulated me took me away from my family and lost all confidence in myself. He cheated on me with 4 or maybe more women. I know its going to take a long time to heal but i will get there hopefully.

1. Reason87 says:

Yes…it will take some time but you CAN heal. My heart goes out to you. Narcs destroy sooooo many lives. I know. I have had to deal with them so much in my life.

But…just try and focus on a better life. One day after another.

In one of my previous article “LONG-TERM NARCISSISTIC ABUSE CAN CAUSE BRAIN DAMAGE” => https://laughingatnarcs.com/index.php/2019/07/01/long-term-narcissistic-abuse-can-cause-brain-damage/

I walk about the damage that narcs do to use mental and psychologically but I also show how you can heal and repair your brain.

Meditation and you may not want to hear this because it may sound simple and easy, is a GREAT way to heal. In research studies, it has been shown that meditating for 8 weeks repairs the brain and helps people heal much quicker from trauma.

One day at a time. One day at a time.

You can do it.

Just take it…one day at a time.

Warm wishes to you on your healing journey.

2. Nitya Helms says:

Can’t wait to order your book. My mother in law is exactly this. Anaging narcissist who’s only friend is her daughter the drug addict Narc. My husband finally sees what damage she has cause him and his daughter and to me but I’m stronger than him I’ve dealt with so much in my own life that
    I saw right thru her from the word go. Now it’s time to help him heal and continue on our beautiful journey with our 3 children thank you

1. YOU ARE AMAZING.

That is what we should all strive to do. To help those who have been hurt by a narcissist.

I also often times say it is the hard things in life that make us wise and strong. You were able to see THROUGH her mask because you may have dealt with a narcissist before.

Wishing you the best in helping your family to heal.

It is possible.

And the book will be out but what to make sure I do my due diligence in research. 😉

3. YogiMom says:

I am in the midst of watching my exN spiral downwards. In a way it’s somewhat satisfying but like you’d written it’s much more, Pathetically sad. “No Contact” hasn’t really been feasible for me to do as we share custody of our 3 young children; the youngest being ten years old. However, I never~ever respond to any messages or contacts from him not involving the kids. Even with my daily meditation practice, I still feel myself getting angry because of absolutely ruining our kids’ childhoods and his stealing, lies and emotional violence towards me. The anger & bitterness I have could just burn me up if I let it. Meditation is definitely an ongoing Practice!

1. Oh yes, meditation will take some time but it is worth it.

And the anger and bitterness are normal.

Sometimes even now I find myself getting angry as well as what the narc did to me.

But I keep reminding myself that is what they want.

If No Contact is a no-go (all the way)…try this method call Grey Rocking.

4. Christiane says:

My narc has brainwashed our 4 daughters so that they went NO CONTACT with me. I became healthy again after divorce and leaving him, after 20 years of exhaustion. I became a new human being and I am very happy. Just one thing is really heavy to care: I miss my 4 daughters, who vorbidden me to see my 5 grandchildren. I wrote letters with the whole truth, without being rude, just telling daddy is ill etc…but no reaction. When does his mask will fall? Will I have to wait for years or is it gonna happen in the next future?

5. Moderation says:

I have been reading the narcissism comments with great interest. The discussion is riddled with hatred, desire for notoriety, and vengeance, and a sincere desire to hurt people (namely the narcissists). But isnt that the very definition of narcissism. Has anyone suggested tolerance, moderation, kindness and turning the other cheek?

1. I think it is natural for people to want to have some type of payback for the time they lost, the hurt and the pain that they experienced, and the life that may have been ruined.

Now, if you have read any of my articles, and even this article, I DON’T ADVOCATE REVENGE. I am merely stating what happens to most narcissists.

You say that we should be tolerant and turn the other cheek.

What would you call NO CONTACT?

Just because we forgive them DOESN’T MEAN we need to let them back into our life.

I don’t think that is a bad thing when I am rooting people on to MOVE ON WITH THEIR LIFE to be happy instead of RUMINATING ON THE WRONGS THEIR NARCS HAVE DONE TO THEM.

Forgiveness and kindness doesn’t mean we need to be punching bags for the narcissist.

And if you believe so, then I think you may very well be an enabler.

2. The comments are riddled with pain. It’s been judgemental comments from voices of ‘moderation’ that punish an already undeservedly punished individual, that have added years to the healing process.

3. It is normal to have hate for someone who violated and maliciously abused you in the worst possible way, after they gained your trust by the most insidiously devious means. For me it was the experience of being touched by true evil.
      “Turn the other cheek” mentality is emotional puffery, vanity, trying to prove how ‘spiritually evolved’ you are, and dishonest at best. Does God turn the other cheek to the devil?

I am being the better person by just staying no contact and not blowing his head off with a shotgun.

6. Denise Mackie says:

narcs have friends. not everyone hates them.
    they can actually be nice and even helpful to
    those who pose no threat or they see as a positive
    addition to their lives
    this seems sooo black and white, nothing is ever
    black and white

1. That is your perception of the article being black and white. Honestly seeing what you have written sounds like you may be an enabler.

Of course, a narcissist will not treat someone who is NOT A THREAT TO THEIR EGOS kindly.

Why, because these people usually are enablers are flying monkeys.

And you are 100% correct that they can be NICE.

So what?

So can a pedophile be nice to a kid.
      So can murder be nice to one of their victims.
      So can a person who is trying to set someone up.

Nice and GOOD are NOT SYNONYMOUS.

Kindly look up the etymology behind the words and you will see I am right.

Thanks for the comment.

7. Denise Mackie says:

you have missed my point…
    best wishes

1. Then kindly elucidate.

8. I have a daughter that used me and used me. I was an enabler, I will admit, she was my daughter after all. She came from a loving family, but all she can say is how we all did her wrong. After my husband died, she shed no tears, and was so totally out of control, no one could deal with her, she was not the center of attention. Some weeks after her father’s funeral, she decided it was time to destroy me, but you know what, I am smarter then that. As a result of all the accusations and threats, I turned my back on her. Yes she is my daughter but I do not like the person she has become, and the abuse she doles out to me, her brother and even her 2 grown daughters. I am done and have been, my life is peaceful and I am surrounded by people who really love me! There are now months that I don’t even think about her. I just pray that her husband can continue to care for her,she has no one who cares anymore.