Blogs

When A Covert Narcissist Finds Someone New

Yahoo free to share

When a Covert Narcissist finds someone new, it can feel like we weren’t good enough.

We can feel like our world is coming down around us. And we can feel like we want to be back in their lives.

Understand this.

The narcissist in your life knows precisely this.

This is why they hurried up and moved on after the split. The narcissist had people (supply) waiting when they decided to discard us.

The discard is to give them pleasure because they know that getting rid of us — and then finding someone else to replace us — is just emotional and psychological torture that many of us would not be strong enough to bear; initially.

The narcissist does not love.

And I dare say that a majority of these people have no concept of what love is.

No matter how much they (the partner and supply) may smile in their Facebook post, Instagram post, or other social media platforms, the new supply is nothing more than a …lie.

And the sad thing about it is that most times, the new supply “doesn’t even know this themselves.”

Narcissistic people are always struggling with the fact that the rest of the world doesn’t revolve around them. Click To Tweet

The New Supply

This is ALL AN ILLUSION. The narcissists know that you are watching.

The new supply is just a tool to HURT US. The narcissist is not happy.

And sadly, instead of being angry at the new supply, pity them.

Even if they know the narcissist left us for them.

They have no idea that they are just being used. This is what the narc does; they only use everyone.

They are master of distorting people’s images and spinning their words against them.

You Are Worth Something Without The Narc In Your Life

We are worth our own world. Click To Tweet

What do I mean by this? As empaths, we love. And when we love, we love so unconditionally and innocently. This is what this narc creature can somehow sniff out.

When a narcissist finds someone new, it isn’t because we weren’t good enough. It is their sneaky little tactic of trying to make us jealous. It is their sneaky small way of trying to hurt us.

To them, everything is a game. The narcissists we have encountered in our lives, know that some of us will be watching.

And this is more the reason why I champion the idea of NO CONTACT.

Why?

Because it will make everything they do, living the FALSE LIFE, be for nothing. And furthermore, by going NO CONTACT, we will be able to get back to who we were before the narc’s irrational thinking poisoned us.

I know it hurts now, but if you go back and keep thinking about them, you will remain hurt for the rest of your life. Stay strong and go NO CONTACT.

Your future self will thank you.

Note: If you cannot go No Contact due to having kids then I highly recommend “Grey Rocking.”

No Shame In Therapy + FREE PEER GROUP APP

Narcissistic people can do a wonder on someone’s mind and psychology. In fact, I wrote an article called “10+ Mental Illnesses Caused By Staying With A Narcissists“.

The narcissists and their legion of fools can slowly drive you insane. And sometimes the best help you can ever receive is from a stranger.

When everyone around you is trying to convince you that YOU are the bad person, sometimes an objective view of you from someone you don’t know maybe what saves you from drowning in the sea of insanity the narc and their legion of fools try and drown you in.

Therapy can help heal in ways that reading blogs, listening to videos, and talking with other WARRIORS (we are not survivors, we are warriors) can ever do.

Join my Facebook Fan Page “No Shame In Therapy” to get a 20% discount on your first-month session, as well as articles and updates on the benefits of therapy.

Narcs have a legion of fools behind them to hurt you, I think it would be a good thing to build your own army of warriors and allies to help stand by your side.

Need Peer Support? Download Wearemore app to vent, get support, or just talk with others who are going through what you are going through!

About Author

I call myself the Rational Humorist. Narcs to me are cancer to humanity. The only way to beat cancer is to fight back against it.

The best way to defeat a narc is to see them as the jokes they are.

(16) Comments

1. Tee says:

just wondering why these people get away with so much and never have consequences

1. Reason87 says:

These people, sadly, get away with a lot of stuff because a lot of people are unaware of what narcs are. This is exactly why I have built this website as well as started to join groups. People are very unaware of narcs and what they do. The more we know about them the less they will be able to hurt good people.

Stay strong and the best revenge is to be happy and a successful GOOD person.

2. saundra j. raynor says:

I am encouraging him to look for someone else.

1. Reason87 says:

He is probably the fragile narc and will not look for someone else because his ego is scared of rejection.

Fragile narcs like him are so scared of rejection. That is why the hold on to the people they have in their life.

Check out my early blog about the different types of narcs out there.

THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF NARCISSIST YOU CAN COME ACROSS => https://laughingatnarcs.com/index.php/blogs-narcissist/

3. Rebecca Fitzgerald says:

They HATE rejection!! Love your blogs ❤️

1. Reason87 says:

Yes, they do. That to me is the best revenge. Sullying who we are is THEIR victory NOT ours.

We must always take the high ground. ALWAYS.

Thank you for your comment and I appreciate the love.

2. Valerie Farrar says:

Yep and they stay in touch with most of ex’s

4. Pravin Kumari says:

I am Indian, and just never had education on narcissism, I don’t know if I grew up in an environment, till I met this sick basted, he played me so good, culturally we are submissive, most Asian woman, but I have good morals, I never snooped behind his back, or opened his wallet or when through his phones, I mean these are good morals and trust.This monster played it so well, when he discarded me, I felt like a freight train went through me, or like he pulled my heart out and it’s beating in his hand right in front of me, I have no explanation, this has hit me to my core, I resigned my job, I feel lifeless, but I swear I will not look back, I HATE HIM FOR DOING THIS TO ME, I WAS NAIVE. This sick basted will die with pathogenic blood where no immunosuppressants will heal him, he fooled my innocent heart, he will rot very slowly, BUT YES HE WILL ROT ALIVE.

1. Reason87 says:

My heart goes out to you. I have…I have heard how difficult it is for women in India. I have watched many documentaries and news reports. I am really sad to know these things go on.

We were all naive…but also we were just being human.

5. Cara says:

What happens if/when the narc enters a relationship with another narc? Does this become the ultimate power couple, or does it go up in flames?

6. Alicia says:

What about a person accusing the ex partner of being a narcissist but actually she is the narcissist?
    I keep seeing post about men being a narcissist never women.

1. I am confused!

What in the article made you think I was talking exclusively about men.

This was a genderless article. I called them “The narcisisst” because narcs can be, and are, both male and female!

I even have articles on my site that talk about the female narcs!

I know guys get the heat for being narcs the most and that is unfair!

1. Alicia says:

Was a general observation.

My question is when the narcissist plays the victim and accuses the ex partner to be à narcissist.
        How do we spot that?

7. Tyahnah says:

This really upset me you damn well no they love noone and the are dangerous and enjoy hurting people. T

8. Anna says:

My ex went back in forth for several years he cheated and cheated this last time he confronted children saying i was a cheater in reality it was him he was so mad threatening to post awful things of me mind you he was caught and can’t handle it
    I’m doing ok this just hurts I’m mad at myself not him or the new supply
    They can have that awful life

1. Yes, I know how you feel.

We can get over the wrongs they did very fast (or relatively fast), but it can be very hard forgiving ourselves!