This article is about the top 3 books on narcissism relationships that I read and recommend. After being with a narcissist, it is very common to want to do as much research as possible!
I often say that leaving a narcissist is like exiting The Matrix. When you realize how much of a lie you have been living while staying with them, upon leaving them, we are as “Neo”, who becomes so overwhelmed by the lie he lived that he passes out.
Although you may become angry as you realize the lie you have been living with, it is important to continue to educate yourself because NARCISSISTS ARE LEGION!
They are not as rare as society would like us to believe. These people are everywhere, and there are so many different types of them.
The MORE you learn the LESS harm they can do!
Note: I was published in a book! Check out “Empathic Warriors Survival Stories : Not Your Ordinary Empath“
Note: This article includes affiliate links!
- 1 The Top 3 Books On Narcissism Relationships
- 1.0.1 1 – The New Science of Narcissism: Understanding One of the Greatest Psychological Challenges of Our Time―and What You Can Do About It
- 1.0.2 2 – Becoming the Narcissist’s Nightmare: How to Devalue and Discard the Narcissist While Supplying Yourself
- 1.0.3 3 – POWER: Surviving and Thriving After Narcissistic Abuse: A Collection of Essays on Malignant Narcissism and Recovery from Emotional Abuse
- 2 Struggling With C-PTSD?
The Top 3 Books On Narcissism Relationships
1 – The New Science of Narcissism: Understanding One of the Greatest Psychological Challenges of Our Time―and What You Can Do About It
Right off the bat is “The New Science of Narcissism: Understanding One of the Greatest Psychological Challenges of Our Time―and What You Can Do About It”.
This is an amazing book which explores:
- An exploration of personality disorders connected with and adjacent to narcissism
- Why minor narcissistic tendencies are common in most people
- The foundational difference between grandiose and vulnerable narcissism
- Different psychological models of personality and how they interpret narcissistic behaviors
- The “recipe” of mental and emotional traits that combine into narcissism
- How to identify when you’re in a relationship with a narcissist and what you can do about it
- Why the 21st century has seen the rise of a “Great Fantasy Migration” into evermore insular subcultures
- The connection between narcissistic tendencies and leadership
- Why “the audience in your pocket” of social media has exacerbated culture-wide narcissistic tendencies
Buy yours here!
2 – Becoming the Narcissist’s Nightmare: How to Devalue and Discard the Narcissist While Supplying Yourself
This book is a MUST READ for everyone who has been discarded by a narcissist. I often write how the best revenge after being discarded is simply accepting the discard and MOVING ON with your life.
And this book takes this idea to the next level.
You must understand that the discard is to make you UNHAPPY, but in being happy after you leave them you break down their narrative about themselves.
Buy yours here!
3 – POWER: Surviving and Thriving After Narcissistic Abuse: A Collection of Essays on Malignant Narcissism and Recovery from Emotional Abuse
Lastly, this book is a must for understanding the games that these people play!
I often call narcissistic people “Kidults” (Kids + Adults) because that is what they are.
They run around here playing games with people who are not even aware that they are playing games!
Buy yours here!
Struggling With C-PTSD?
I often say that living with a narcissist is like living in a war zone! This comparison may very well seem hyperbolic, but research has shown that living around narcissists can have the same effects on a person’s mind as people living in a war zone!
I wrote an article describing the “10+ Mental Illnesses Caused By Staying With Narcissists“.
These people are monsters, plain and simple.
If you are struggling with emotional flashbacks, dealing with mental and emotional battles that NO ONE but yourself seems to see and feel, and if you find it hard to get out of bed every day, you may be dealing with C-PTSD.
As great as support groups may be, or as profound as articles can be, they are no substitute for professional help.
Sometimes the best way to heal and move forward is with therapy.
Speaking with someone and getting the hurt off your chest is a great way to unload.
Online Therapy is a site that offers visitors the chance to speak with professional therapists who will be able to help you get through your emotional and psychological battles.
If you sign up with my link, you can get 20% off your first month’s session.