Ways To Heal After A Narcissistic Relationship: Increase Your Testosterone
“If you were able to fall a hundred times as a child and rise, you are able to fall a thousand times as a grown-up and soar.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
This is an article strictly for MEN!
Fooled! Duped! Played! Made a joke! Made to feel as if you are…NOT A MAN!
These are just some feelings that you may feel after leaving a narcissistic relationship.
As men, we are told that we must be tough, that we must be strong, and that we must be defenders of our family.
Dealing with a narc female is perhaps one of the most demasculinizing situations we can ever be in.
Narcissistic females are a hell to be around.
They yell, scream, lie, cheat, manipulate, and attack — and as MEN, attacking back, physically or verbally, can make us seem as if we are the bad guys.
(Note: I am NOT advocating to physically hit back — because, with a narc female, THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT. It only proves to show that they are the victim.)
Separation can bring on its own challenges, especially when kids are involved in the whole affair.
- 1 Ways To Heal After A Narcissistic Relationship: Increase Your Testosterone
- 1.1 Things To Start Increasing Your Testosterone Level
- 1.1.1 1. Wake Up At 4 AM In The Morning (Exercise and Fast)
- 1.1.2 2. Take Cold Showers In The Morning
- 1.1.3 3. Change Your Diet Regime
- 1.1.4 4. Start Hitting The Gym
- 1.1.5 5. Take Testosterone Supplements & Maca
- 1.1.6 6. Change Your Perspective
- 1.1.7 7. Start Asking Girls Out
- 1.1.8 8. Start Writing In A Journal
- 1.1.9 9. Look At Things That Trigger You
- 1.1.10 10. STOP WATCHING P*RN: NO FAP
- 1.1.11 11. Read Autobiographies Of Great Men
- 1.2 Brothers Pick Yourself Up
- 1.3 Struggling With C-PTSD?
- 1.1 Things To Start Increasing Your Testosterone Level
Depression is not uncommon.
And the feelings of worthlessness after begging them to take us back can lead to a lot of mental issues arising.
Anxiety, depression, and a low self-esteem can lead to an irreversible act.
Dealing with narc males can also be quite challenging as many narc males are effeminate LOSERS who know how to use the law or the power that has been given to them (like the LOSERS they are) to use against us to always have an edge over us.
In a fair fight, man to man, they wouldn’t dare enter that ring.
But in a fight with one of your hands tied behind your back and weights around your ankles; then they are game.
They are such loser.
But here is the thing…
And as a male you have in you EVERYTHING YOU NEED to heal yourself emotionally, mentally, and psychologically.
This is not a flair of the dramatics; but a truth.
Men have testosterone and testosterone…testosterone is a hell of a power.
In this article, I want to outline a few things you can do TODAY to start boosting your testosterone levels so that you can gain the strength to move on with your life.
Doing so will help you to start to feel more confident, less vengeful, and more like a man.
No matter what society says about masculinity, MASCULINITY IS A GODD*MN GIFT TO THE WORLD.
And once you un-tap your masculinity you will start to see what a gift you are.
There is massive power in you…and it is up to YOU to bring it out.
Ways To Heal After A Narcissistic Relationship: Increase Your Testosterone
Okay! So you may be wondering, what is the deal about testosterone and how does it relate to your healing after a narcissistic relationship? Let me explain real quick for those who may not see the benefits of increased testosterone levels.
“Testosterone is a hormone found in humans, as well as in other animals. The testicles primarily make testosterone in men. Testosterone is most often associated with sex drive and plays a vital role in sperm production. It also affects bone and muscle mass, the way men store fat in the body, and even red blood cell production. A man’s testosterone levels can also affect his mood.” – healthline
When male have low testosterone levels you can expect:
- decreased sex drive (or a greater desire to watch porn than actually have sex)
- less energy
- weight gain
- feelings of depression
- low self-esteem
- less body hair
- thinner bone
I highly recommend that you give this article a quick read “Testosterone May Help Depressed Men” as it explains how increasing testosterone may have a significant effect on your depression.
Having low testosterone may be one of the reasons why you feel so depressed as well as why you feel you NEED the narc in your life.
Boosting your testosterone will increase your confidence, self-esteem, and your inner resolve to overcome ANY ADVERSITY.
Things To Start Increasing Your Testosterone Level
1. Wake Up At 4 AM In The Morning (Exercise and Fast)
Now, of course, you want to get your “recommended” hours of sleep (Which varies between people. Some need 6 other need 8).
The reason that you want to wake up this early is that it is HARD to do so. How comfortable is it to sleep in?
What you are doing is building your mental grit and determination.
Forcing yourself up out of bed when your body just wants to relax and be comfortable is a great way to start building that mental grit.
A strong mind can overcome ANYTHING.
I wake up everyday at 4 AM.
I hate it — but it sure as hell makes me handle challenges in life that much easier because I am conditioning myself to handle things I hate.
When I wake up I meditate for ten minutes, check my emails and then exercise.
I don’t eat until 10 am (intermittent fasting)!
2. Take Cold Showers In The Morning
Continuing on the path of doing things you hate to boost your testosterone, is taking a cold shower.
I LOATHE COLD SHOWERS.
They are the worst.
I like a nice warm shower in the morning after I exercise!
Now, this doesn’t necessarily increase testosterone levels from what I have gathered (the science is still out about this) but it does help to improve your sperm DNA quality.
The major reason that I champion the idea of a cold shower is that IT IS HARD TO DO.
And as MEN, we must seek and embrace things that are hard to do. This is what will make us stronger.
3. Change Your Diet Regime
It has long been known that eating certain foods can lead to lower testosterone. If you are a lover of Eastern Asian Cuisine, cool.
But be very careful with how much tofu and soy you consume as this will lower your testosterone levels and raise your estrogen levels.
Eating fast food and processed foods also leads to lower testosterone levels and higher depression.
Changing your diet, in the sense consuming foods high in certain oils and minerals will help to boost your testosterone levels.
I highly recommend that you give this book a read 👉 “Testosterone: Natural Testosterone Boosting: A Guide To Skyrocket Testosterone and Transform Your Life.”
This is a guidebook that helps you understand the benefits of boosting your testosterone levels and to do so NATURALLY!
4. Start Hitting The Gym
Yes, I know that at the moment of this article, June 24th, 2020, due to the COVID outbreak (thanks COMMUNIST “GENOCIDING UYHGURS” CHINA) that some gyms may be locked. But once they open back up, you NEED to start hitting the gym.
Lifting weight has been shown to boost testosterone and there is a “high” that comes from lifting weights that helps to lessen depression in men.
“Weightlifting, on the other hand, is anabolic: It builds the body up and promotes the release of the feel-good hormone testosterone. I felt broken. I figured trying to build myself up might help.” – Lifting Weights Helps Ease Anxiety and Depression
5. Take Testosterone Supplements & Maca
While hitting the gym it is important to start taking supplements to help get the most out of your visit to the gym.
Here are a few supplements YOU NEED to start taking, especially if you are doing a new diet, to boost your testosterone levels.
Supplements you need to take (Of course SPEAK with a physician before taking any supplements):
- D-Aspartic acid
- Vitamin D
- Tribulus (Tribulus terrestris)
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
- Testosterone Pills
6. Change Your Perspective
Instead of saying and seeing that “the whole world is against me,” start saying “It WOULD take the whole world to be against me…and it will still FAIL at destroying me.”
Start looking at everything as a challenge and NOT an end. All challenges in life can be overcome.
As Henry Ford once said, “Whether you think you can or think you can’t; you’re right.”
7. Start Asking Girls Out
But doing something that hurts enough times starts to make you immune to the pain. Asking girls out and not being given a chance is NOT the end of the world!
Don’t be scared to be rejected.
If you don’t take the active steps to find the girl of your dreams she will never come.
8. Start Writing In A Journal
Journaling is SO IMPORTANT. Most great men in history journaled.
One of my all-time heroes, Marcus Aurelius, journaled his thoughts and his thoughts would later become a book called “Meditations“.
I highly recommend this book to everyone trying to have a stronger mind.
“Meditations” is considered by many to be one of the best books on stoicism — and stoicism is a great philosophy to live by as it helps you to learn how to deal with the unjustness of life.
9. Look At Things That Trigger You
Hiding from things that trigger you will only keep you weak and hurt. Learning how to look at things that trigger you and to be able to walk through the trigger as if they are nothing…shows TRUE HEALING.
10. STOP WATCHING P*RN: NO FAP
I understand that need to rub one out when the time comes. We all have those urges. There is nothing wrong with that.
But watching too much p*rn leads to erectile dysfunction as well as lower testosterone.
You may not be able to completely stop it, although you should try — as there are many benefits (which I will explain shortly) you can gain.
You might want to try for about two weeks.
What you can expect from No-Fap is:
- More energy: Because you have all your future soldiers pint up, your energy levels will skyrocket, or at least that is how I feel when I do my two weeks or month of No-fap. Lifting weights becomes a heck of a lot easier. Running 5 miles seems like a walk in the park. Hitting bags feels like hitting a pillow. You feel like a NEW MAN.
- More Focus and Concentration: With No-Fap comes a clearer vision. You see what you want and like a beast of a man you go after it. Whether that be starting a new business, writing a book, or completing that old project. You gain a level of focus that is…Buddha-like. (Again, this is what I have gotten).
- Bigger “General”: I call mines “The General“. Not sure what you call yours. But I am telling you, after a few weeks COUPLED with exercising, taking the supplements, changing your diet, your GENERAL will be BIGGER, STRONGER, ROCK HARD and ready to invade…LIBERATE…new territories. “I claim this new land in the name of me!” Hey! It’s a joke…laugh!
- More Confidence: With this new energy you are going to become a new man with more confidence — and this new confidence is going to make you very attractive to women. All of whom will help you forget the narcs in your previous life.
You will be reborn a newer and stronger man. Just try it for two weeks!
11. Read Autobiographies Of Great Men
Lastly, reading the lives of great men will not directly boost your testosterone levels but it will show you that…ALL GREAT MEN DEALT WITH HARD TIMES.
There is a saying that I love, and it goes like this:
Tough times create good men
Good men create good times
Good times create weak men
Weak men create tough time
You may feel like you are the only one going through hard times because of the narc. You may feel like you gave up on yourself. And you may feel like you are not man enough.
But these are things that CREATE SUPERIOR MEN.
You are not the only one who has lost himself.
But will you be one of the very FEW men who finds himself?
A few recommendation that I can offer you to read:
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins: If you do not know who this man is…type his name into Youtube and get ready to be IMPRESSED.
- Iron John: A Book About Men: In this deeply learned book, poet and translator Robert Bly offer nothing less than a new vision of what it is to be a man.
- Fire in the Belly: On Being a Man: With traditional notions of manhood under attack, today’s men (and women) are looking for a new vision of masculinity. In this groundbreaking book, Sam Keen offers an inspiring guide for men seeking new personal ideals of strength, potency, and warrior-ship in their lives.
- A lot Like Me by Larry Elders: The story of this man’s father is INSPIRING! (This is paraphrased from one of my most recent readings that I absolutely love) 👇
“Few more things: Hard work wins. You get out of life what you put in it. You can’t always control the outcome, but you damn sure can control the effort. And before you b*tch, moan and complain about what someone did to you…look into the mirror and say to yourself what could I have done differently. No matter how hard you work or how good you are, sometimes things will just go wrong. Character is about how you react when they do.” – A quote from Larry Elder’s father to Larry Elder, A Lot Like Me
Brothers Pick Yourself Up
Lastly, if you have dealt with narcs, females, or males, DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOU.
DO NOT GIVE THEM THE SATISFACTION OF DESTROYING YOU.
Look within yourself and unleash the great man that you are.
Only you, and NO ONE ELSE, can keep you down in life.
“You are strong because of what you overcame, brave because of what you defeated, fierce because of what you mastered, and powerful because of what you conquered.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
Struggling With C-PTSD?
I often say that living with a narcissist is like living in a war zone! This comparison may very well seem hyperbolic, but research has shown that living around narcissists can have the same effects on a person’s mind as people living in a war zone!
I wrote an article describing the “10+ Mental Illnesses Caused By Staying With Narcissists“.
These people are monsters, plain and simple.
If you are struggling with emotional flashbacks, dealing with mental and emotional battles that NO ONE but yourself seems to see and feel, and if you find it hard to get out of bed every day, you may be dealing with C-PTSD.
As great as support groups may be, or as profound as articles can be, they are no substitute for professional help.
Sometimes the best way to heal and move forward is with therapy.
Speaking with someone and getting the hurt off your chest is a great way to unload.
Online Therapy is a site that offers visitors the chance to speak with professional therapists who will be able to help you get through your emotional and psychological battles.
If you sign up with my link, you can get 20% off your first month’s session.